Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Twist to Advertising Using Social Networking Sites

Walking around campus I have notices how much Social Networking Sites are taking over on and off the internet. In class we have discussed how much people have used social networking sites to advertise their business, party, event, etc. What I have seen recently is that organizations and offices such as CUAB and Chartwells are using their Facebook profiles, printing out significant part of their page and posting them around campus. Letting consumers and members visually see where their site is located and what it looks like. It is a tool that helps them to relate to the general student population, who mostly also have an account on Facebook. I really think that this way of advertising is very creative. I remember seeing a Chartwells ad that had a friends list that included one of the people I knew on campus. What do you guys think.

By the way-while I was trying to find videos for this blog I ran across this-ENJOY (thanks class of 2008:)

No comments:

Post a Comment