Thursday, January 13, 2011

Changes Coming in Social Media in 2011!!! WHAT?

Upon reading this article titled Big Changes in Social Media in 2011 I ran across some interesting ideas things that may come about this year. It never fails that people all around the world find so many new uses for the media in the world today. I often wonder to myself what else can we possibly come up with, and here it is! We are looking at some significant changes in the near future, some that will benefit companies all of the world. According to this article marketing may become a lot easier and cheaper for companies. But does that mean we, the users, will be overloaded with mass amounts of advertisements? The article also suggested that in 2011 many social network users will start to veer away from their excessive use of social networking sites.Overall I thought that it was an interesting article tell me what you think!

6 comments:

  1. Andie, That is vety interesting, but do you think poeple will lose their jobs, if all the marketing becomes online? how would they live?
    I understand that this is easier to get something online though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In some ways I do agree. I do realize that computers are sort of taking the jobs that humans are capable of doing. But on the other hand, it seems that in some cases the creation of new media and new ways of doing things creates jobs in those areas. New trades will have to be learned to cope with the changing times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post Andie. Like Minoo I do wonder what is going to happen to people working in the public relations, advertising and marketing professions. Of course, there are now plenty of new jobs like Social Media Manager...Maybe people interested in marketing will re-tool themselves as Social Media experts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am interested in the statement that people may begin to tire of social networking in 2011. What reasons did the article give for people becoming apathetic toward what they are now addicted to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It stated that there would be such an overflow of social media websites that people would get sick of them and plus with all of the extra advertising that is expected they figure people would veer away from these sites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I might have interpreted it that way :) Its been a while since I read this post.

    ReplyDelete