Friday, January 28, 2011

Employers Taking over Social Networking Sites

So, I was just thinking today about how a lot of the things that I do online a largely impacted by how I want others to perceive me, mostly future employers. I have fun online, but I can't ever really "let loose" like I want to sometimes and that is because I am always thinking about what a potential employer might have access too. This forces me to keep a lot of things under control and under wraps so that I don't end up regretting a past statement or picture. Sometimes I resent being responsible (lol). It also doesn't help that I have a unique name. So what so you guys think about this possibility.

1 comment:

  1. You're right to be concerned about potential employers accessing your FB page, Andie. Apparently, some 45% of employers use FB and Twitter to vet potential employees...See:
    http://oregonbusinessreport.com/2009/08/45-employers-use-facebook-twitter-to-screen-job-candidates/

    ReplyDelete