Saturday, February 5, 2011

Media=Distraction

I have found that media is really a huge distraction when you are trying to get somethings done. All types of media are everywhere. If I am trying to do my homework there is always some way that I end up checking my Facebook. If I go to the library I always end up listening to a song or too on my ipod. If I am trying to have a conversation there seems to always be a television somewhere (in restaurants, lounges, etc).

Why is using the media so tempting? :/

1 comment:

  1. Good question Andie. One reason people are constantly checking FB/e-mail/their favorite file sharing sites is that the content is constantly being updated and renewed. We log on expecting novelty and don't want to be the last person to see/hear/read the latest. I myself am constantly distracted by media of various kinds; as a news junkie, I can usually be counted on to fritter away at least 30 minutes or so chasing breaking news stories across the web EVERY TIME I sit down to write at my computer. It has certainly cut down on my productivity as a scholar.

    ReplyDelete