Friday, February 25, 2011

Getting Employed Through Twitter!! :D

So I recently heard a lecture about how a young lady used Twitter to her advantage while on  her job search. The girl was very interested in a job at the Red Cross and she had a Facebook friend that was actually one of her followers on Twitter also. After she applied to the job she tweeted a sentence that got her an interview with the employer. She said something like I hope that friends name can tell me more about the available position @ the Red Cross, I'm very excited to see if I get the job. She not only tagged her friend in the post, but she also tagged the organizations page also. The person who was in charge of keeping up with social media sites at the Red Cross actually saw the post and notified the hiring manager at the Red Cross. Turns out that the girls name was in the pile that the company would reject, and after seeing her tweet they actually invited her to an interview. I am not sure if she actually got the job, but the point is that she got noticed. This was a great way to use social networking sites to your advantage instead of the usually disadvantage. Just thought I'd share ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment